Monday, October 22

Winnipeg, Canada trip

Last month I traveled to Winnipeg along with some family for my aunt's 75th birthday celebration. To cut down costs on traveling we took a flight to Minneapolis and drove North to Canada which was about a 7-8hrs. While driving through Minnesota we crossed almost about a hundred lakes which I think I only have on my video camera. We crossed North and South Dakota while driving up but I didn't get to snap much photos because I was the designated driver and there really was nothing to see.

We arrived in Winnipeg in the evening and it was already starting to rain. The next morning I went outside to take a look around and took a few shots of the trees lining the street of my aunt's home. This was one of my favorite, shot with my Canon Powershot A560 P&S camera.

The neighborhood where I was staying at was pretty quiet and rarely did I see anyone walking besides the kids coming home from school. The homes have alleys in the back where their garages are located which I thought makes the houses look more attractive. I guess I'm just too used to the garages in the front of the house.

Anyways, the party went great and I got a chance to meet some family I've never met before. Everyone was happy to see each other and there were a lot of family photos snappin like paparazzi. I wish I got the chance to take more photos of Winnipeg but I had a busy schedule there. Maybe next time. I'm just glad to be home again.

No comments: